Are you looking for the best solar shed light? Then, you might want to look into our reviews underscoring some of the top-rated picks in the category.
We also included a detailed and comprehensive guide on what to search for in a premium quality solar-powered shed light.
As you probably already know, there are numerous lighting solution options on the market now. This is why it could be tricky to find the right match for your needs and preferences.
If you’re not that knowledgeable about the most important features, including quality, efficiency, and the materials used for the construction, we hope that you’ll find this article helpful.
We’d like to assist you as you shop for the most appropriate option. So, please feel free to check out the product comparisons and shopping guide below.
NACINIC Solar Lights Outdoor
|✅ IP65 waterproof grade|
|✅ 12-month replacement warranty|
|✅ For areas with no power outlets|
Most Feature Rich
Mudder Solar Lights Outdoor
|✅ IP65 waterproof rating|
|✅ 23 feet of sensing distance|
|✅ Large-capacity lithium batteries|
YiaMia Solar Lights Outdoor
|✅ 180-degree adjustable solar panel|
|✅ Electricity’s not necessary|
|✅ Two years of after-sales service|
Table of Contents
- Top 9 Solar Shed Light Reviews
- 1. NACINIC 120 Solar Lights Outdoor
- 2. Mudder Solar Lights Outdoor
- 3. YiaMia Solar Lights Outdoor
- 4. AGPTEK SY-SYDJ032 Solar Pendant Lights
- 5. Kyson Indoor Solar Barn Lights
- 6. AOZBZ Solar Power Wall Light
- 7. Kyson TY0077 Solar Powered Led Shed Light
- 8. Woods L-949 Rechargeable Solar Shed Lights
- 9. Kyson Indoor Solar Lights for Shed
- What to Look for When Buying Solar Shed Lights
- How to Install and Set Up the Lights in Your Shed
- How Many Lights Do I Need for My Shed
- How Many Hours Will Solar Shed Lights Stay on
- Can These Lights Be Used for a Chicken Coop
Top 9 Solar Shed Light Reviews
1. NACINIC 120 Solar Lights Outdoor
Are you planning to replace your reactor solar powered shed light? If yes, this affordable product might be the perfect match for you. The kit contains 120 upgraded COB lights that emit broader and brighter outdoor solar lighting wherever installed.
Besides, this solar lighting unit can discern even the slightest movement up to 23 feet within a 120-degrees angle. This way, this solar light can ward off burglars from invading your place at dusk and stealing your property. This product is excellent to position in locations that have no power outlet.
Manufactured with triple optional lighting modes, this solar shed light works automatically at sunset, and automatically turns off at sunrise. The optional lighting modes include security mode, always-on mode, and dimmable sensor control. Essentially, the always-on mode keeps the light on at dusk and at minimum brightness for about six hours with or without discerning movement.
Additionally, this device is also a time and energy-saver. It comes with an IP65 waterproof grade, and it is great value for the money. This isn’t a risky investment because it is backed up by a 12-month replacement warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee offer. The COB light is built with an upgraded design and outfitted with a large-capacity 2400mAh battery.
- Detects motion up to 23 feet and within 120-degree angles
- For areas with no power outlets
- Outfitted with a larger-capacity 2400mAh battery and upgraded COB lights
- Designed with triple lighting mode options and automatic operation
- IP65 waterproof grade, time and energy saver
- A 12-month replacement warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee offer
- Too sensitive, which can affect the battery
2. Mudder Solar Lights Outdoor
For homeowners planning to purchase dependable and functional shed lighting devices, this item is worth a try. The light’s body, solar panel, and outdoor solar light are all designed separately. The rotatable and bigger solar panel can convert as much as 20% of sunlight to electricity. Hence, there’s no need to use batteries for a dusk security light.
Engineered with a smart PIR motion sensor inductor, the light automatically illuminates when someone arrives and switches off automatically when someone leaves. This feature can also switch on the light in times of darkness. The sensing distance can be as remote as 23 feet. The kit contains 100 white LEDs that work as superbly bright security lights.
What makes the best solar shed lights like this item a smart purchase is that they’re intended to provide broader and brighter outdoor solar lighting. And, since it comes with an IP65 waterproof rating, it is all set no matter what type of weather conditions there are outdoors. This is also equipped with large-capacity 2400mAh lithium batteries.
Since this solar light is crafted with superbly strong ABS plastic material and polysilicon solar panels, it can greatly help optimize sunlight conversion into electricity. What’s more, this version is sturdier compared to other outdoor solar light options.
- Built with intelligent PIR motion sensor inductor
- 23 feet of sensing distance
- Comes with an IP65 waterproof rating, sturdy ABS plastic and polysilicon
- Furnished with a rotatable and bigger solar panel
- Equipped with large-capacity 2400mAh lithium batteries
- Ensures broader and brighter outdoor solar lighting
- The solar panel’s covering appears to be prone to scratches
3. YiaMia Solar Lights Outdoor
This IP65 waterproof solar pendant light kit is built with superbly sturdy ABS plastic material. Therefore, it can stand the rigorous test of rugged weather conditions. This item is appropriate for adorning and lighting up indoor and outdoor applications. It works automatically without using electricity.
By using the remote control, you can easily modify the time and brightness settings. The solar panel can be adjusted to 180-degrees. Please note that the solar panel should be placed in a spot where it could efficiently take in direct sunlight. It’s good to note that this item is more heavy-duty compared to other less waterproof-rated solar panel lights.
The well-improved polycrystalline silicon solar panel significantly absorbs the ray of the sun and produces energy for the solar light. It converts up to 20% of the sun into electric energy that guarantees extended standby time. The solar panel comes with integrated two pieces 2200mah lithium batteries and super-bright 30 LEDs that are great for reducing electricity bills.
- 180-degree adjustable polycrystalline silicon solar panel
- Electricity’s not necessary
- Made using durable ABS plastic material and IP65 waterproof design
- Comes with excellently bright 30 LEDs and 2 pcs 2200mah lithium batteries
- Two years of after-sales service
- Highly recommended for illuminating and decorating indoor and outdoor areas
- Time and brightness settings are adjustable
- The panel can only rotate in two directions.
4. AGPTEK SY-SYDJ032 Solar Pendant Lights
Have you found the right solar powered lighting for shed yet? You won’t go wrong if you invest in this solar lighting unit. It is manufactured with super durable and powerful LEDs that can last all night on sunny days, provided they’re fully charged. Please note that it could work for roughly 6 hours only on gloomy days.
Because the light’s built with an automatic mode and remote-control functions, it does not work only at dusk, but also at daylight. The coverage of the LED lamp is 80% larger compared to other bulbs, thanks to the unique three-leaf style. You can adjust the solar panel’s angle to tilt in the manner you prefer, and first-time installers of solar lights will find this version a piece of cake to set up.
It comes with a 16.5 feet pull cord that is enough to route almost anywhere. Since it is designed with an adjustable timer and brightness, users can enjoy multiple settings for setting timers and dimming the light. Such features are quite beneficial because you can save more on your electrical consumption. This solar shed light is second-to-none in terms of adequately illuminating dusky spots.
- Features remote control and automatic mode
- Built with sturdy and powerful LEDs
- Painless setup method with a 16.5-feet long cord
- Crafted with adjustable timer and brightness and an adjustable panel
- Designed with an impressive three-leaf style
- Minor gripe with the remote controller
5. Kyson Indoor Solar Barn Lights
Do you need easy-to-use and convenient solar powered lights for sheds? If so, this solar-powered lighting device is an outstanding option. Many homeowners who have used it find it excellent in lighting up outdoor spots to increase the security in the area. You can also use it for indoor lighting.
Also, once purchased, it already includes a wall mounting kit for affixing the solar panel. It is also equipped with a pull cord and remote control to ensure more effortless and convenient use. Charging time for this unit might require nearly 24 hours to guarantee eight hours of reliable work time.
If you wish to light up your garden, home, and trees, this solar shed light can also serve as an accent light. In case the light bulb needs a replacement, you can utilize a 3Volt low-voltage bulb with an E27 socket.
- Equipped with a pull cord and remote control for easier and more convenient use
- Works excellently in lighting up outdoor areas to heighten security
- Includes a wall mounting kit for affixing the solar panel
- Work time amounts to approximately 8 hours
- Can serve as an accent light to brighten up your home, garage, and trees
- Replaceable light bulb
- A bit more pricey than other similar options
6. AOZBZ Solar Power Wall Light
Do you prefer lights for sheds without power? If yes, this product is worth checking out. The detachable solar-powered lights can be set up anywhere needed or wanted. This is because the split type design and 16-feet electric wire allow users to do so. As you can see, this design does not restrict the use of a solar lighting device.
It is worth mentioning that this product is a famous option because it is manufactured with eco-friendly, low-carbon, and cost-effective design and function. Furthermore, it is reliable to use for multiple locations. You can install it where necessary or wanted.
Also, since it is designed with weather-proof and heat-resistant features, you don’t have to worry even if it is installed outdoors. The intelligent PIR motion sensor is a very practical and convenient feature. The solar lighting device switches on automatically when someone comes to the place where it’s installed.
Note that you need to charge the solar light for about 6 hours in the daytime to enable it to work for approximately 10 hours at sunset. The 56 LEDs are so bright that they could outstandingly illuminate any area to heighten security.
- Built with eco-friendly, low-carbon, and cost-effective design and function
- Efficiently works on multiple areas
- Features an intelligent PIR motion sensor, weatherproof and heat-resistant
- Detachable solar lights and separate solar panel
- Bright enough to ensure outstanding lighting for security purposes
- Issues with the connection plug-in
7. Kyson TY0077 Solar Powered Led Shed Light
The Kyson solar powered shed light is best to use for illuminating and accentuating indoor and outdoor locations. As you can see, it is built with a simple arrangement and lightweight design. These solar lights are smooth sailing to install and have no trouble fitting several different spaces.
If you prefer options that give off soft light and charges easily, this alternative is perfect for that requirement.
Furthermore, these solar-powered lights are ideal for providing sufficient lighting where needed. Surprisingly, they are small in size, but capable enough to emit generous amounts of light in small locations. You can mount the solar panel in one position, and it rotates.
As for the remote control capability, it works fine for approximately 10 up to 15 feet in distance. If you need to light up your home, trees, and garage, this option is an excellent choice.
Many buyers find this item useful since it can provide adequate light without the need to run electricity. Hence, it does not force you to spend extravagantly. It is also environmentally friendly.
- Ideal for lighting up and accentuating indoor and outdoor areas
- Compact, money-saving, and environmentally friendly
- Features simple arrangement and lightweight design that’s easy to install
- Can fit in many different spots
- Charges easily and provides a soft illumination
- Remote control available
- Would have been better if the cord had been longer
8. Woods L-949 Rechargeable Solar Shed Lights
For buyers looking for high-quality solar lighting for shed, this item is worth considering. It is furnished with incredibly bright LED lights that come with an extended lifetime of 100,000 hours. Hence, it is unnecessary to replace the light bulbs often. As you can see, they are not only eco-friendly but also budget-friendly.
Indeed, these solar lights are easy to operate with dual operation modes: half-brightness with 5 LEDs and full brightness with 10 LEDs. Whether you decide to install these solar shed lights at home, workplace, or garage, they will surely satisfy your expectations. You can mount these solar-powered lights on a pole or a wall by up to a 16-feet distance from the solar panel.
If you need to illuminate small areas, this solar lamp version is also good enough to ensure safety and security. They are user-friendly and versatile options with a 16-foot extension cord. Installing them can be a breeze even for beginners. You can set them up instantly where needed.
Plus, these shed lights feature 10 LED bulbs that come with 30 lumens of brightness. As for the build quality, these versions seem to last a long time with proper care and minimal maintenance.
- Equipped with long-lasting superbly bright LED lights
- Designed with two brightness level settings
- Minimal maintenance required
- Can be mounted on a pole or a wall with a 16-ft extension cord
- Can be easily installed where it’s needed the most
- Seem to work ideally for small areas only
9. Kyson Indoor Solar Lights for Shed
For those who prefer easy-to-install solar shed lighting kits that are perfect for diverse uses, this barn light is a reasonable investment. It is built with two-in-one wall lights, wherein each light source can guarantee bright illumination that heightens your safety when you walk in dusky areas. This version is also outfitted with a 5500MAH lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
Provided that the solar corridor light is fully charged, it can ensure roughly 8 to 10 hours of continuous illumination from sunset to sunrise. The solar panel can swivel for 180 degrees, so adjusting the angle for the best sunlight exposure is a breeze. It’s less complicated to set up even for novices, and it’s great for several different uses. The installation method can be done in no time.
If you want a shed light that enables you to utilize it at daylight and can function as a sunset-to-sunrise lighting device, this alternative can work like a charm. Its IP65 waterproof rating makes it tough enough to endure terrible conditions outdoors. This helps ensure long-lasting use and the sustainability of outdoor lighting.
- Built durably with IP65 waterproof grade and lithium-ion battery
- Painless installation process and multiple applications
- Allows indoor use at daytime or sunset-to-sunrise use
- Features 2-in-1 bright LED shed lights and an adjustable solar panel
- Ensures extended usage and stability of outdoor illumination
- Smaller than expected
What to Look for When Buying Solar Shed Lights
Here are some of the buying factors people need to bear in mind when buying a LED solar shed light:
- Type of Light Required
The type of light you’ll require will largely depend on the work you intend to do in the shed.
So, if you prefer to get a light to keep the shed well illuminated, you will need to buy a medium type of light.
Meanwhile, if you intend to work there, a bright light is necessary. When estimating the amount of light you will need, it is important to look at the lumens. This is because the total amount of visible light that’s generated is gauged in lumens.
Take note that the higher the number of lumens is, the more light is generated. I recommend getting a shed light with 150 up to 300 lumens. I often use different keywords like “solar shed light screwfix” to find all options on various sites.
- The Size of your Shed
If the shed is large, a bigger LED light fixture will be required. On the other hand, you can go for solar light kits that are more compact if your shed is small.
- Durability and Safety of the LED Solar Shed Light
It is strongly suggested to research the most trusted brands before purchasing shed solar lights. This is because trusted brands generally manufacture high-quality products.
If the LED lights are prone to get easily damaged, this could be hazardous for everyone around. This is why you need to ensure that the solar lighting device you pick is made with premium quality and long-lasting materials.
- The Type of Solar Panels
Select the type of solar panel that best fits the kind of weather in your location. If your current location gets plenty of gloomy days, go for options that come with a larger photovoltaic panel. This is great for more superb solar energy conversion.
Indeed, the solar panels could be wired to a battery storage system. This will power the LED shed light. Also, consider that the battery size will rely on the number of lumens you’ll require for the shed lighting system.
- Work Time and Charging Hours
The number of hours required to fully recharge the batteries is a critical buying factor as well. A few options need bright sunlight to fully charge, while others are fine to charge despite gloomy days.
Most shed lights turn on automatically at night time and automatically turn off at daybreak. Take into consideration that the operation hours would rely on the battery capacity.
The latest and more advanced generation of batteries is powerful and more capable of holding a charge longer, so you can save more on energy costs.
- Product Warranty
We all want to ensure that we get the real value of our hard-earned money whenever we shop. So, solar shed light options that are supported by product warranties are smart choices because our investment is protected.
There are limitless options out there, but not all of them offer money-back guarantees, refunds, or product replacements. Choose reputable brands because they generally offer warranties that would help buyers get the needed help in case there is a problem with their purchase.
How to Install and Set Up the Lights in Your Shed
Here are the steps to follow when installing shed lights:
- Carefully consider the location where you need or prefer to set up the shed light.
- Check out the length of the extension cord when making the decision.
- It is important to install the solar panel outside the garage or shed. Keep in mind that the ideal position to set up the solar panel is the roof or the exterior wall.
- Carefully drill a hole through the roof or wall of your shed if the extension cord is not long enough.
- Consider applying a rubber seal or a sealant on the location where you set up your barn light. This can protect your wall against water.
- Afterward, just pass the extension cord through the drilled hole.
- Then, you can start setting up the solar-powered shed light.
- Refer to the user manual regarding the charging time on the lighting device’s initial usage.
- Finally, switch the light on at evening time. You can do so by either using a remote controller or through manual operation.
How Many Lights Do I Need for My Shed
You can use a measurement called lux to determine how many lights you need. Lux is the amount of illumination provided by 1 lumen in a 1 sqm area. Just measure your shed and look up the lux number recommended for your purpose.
Reading spots usually need 300 lux, for example. Hence, if you want to use your 10m2 shed for reading, you’ll need 10 x 300 = 3000 lumens.
How Many Hours Will Solar Shed Lights Stay on
We uncovered that the time range a solar-powered light could work on a full charge commonly varies by a particular brand or option.
Even so, the overall range for all types of solar lighting is roughly 4 up to 12 hours with a total average of 8 and a half hour of lighting operation on a full charge.
Can These Lights Be Used for a Chicken Coop
Yes. Shed lights can be used for chicken coops too. Since they are solar-operated, they are outstanding environmentally-friendly alternatives to conventional wired lights. Shed lights are serviceable to extend chicken’s egg production.
Therefore, they allow users to continue harvesting farm-fresh eggs during the coldest seasons of the year.
Ultimately, there are so many solar shed light models available on the market today. Sometimes, it is overwhelming and confusing given there are lots of alternatives to select from.
Please make sure to go over the product comparisons thoroughly using the guide we have provided. Carefully study the vital factors such as durability, functionality, warranty, and quality before making the final purchasing decision.
Again, don’t forget to think through the level of illumination, the size of your shed, and the number of lumens needed for sufficient brightness. All these factors will help you find the best solar shed light for yourself.
I am Kathleen Miller, staff writer and reviewer of the Avasolar team. Working with the team has been a pleasure for me so far, I hope to bring readers useful information by creating detailed and easy-to-follow contents.